Sunday, January 22, 2006

<21st January 1994>

Twelve years passed in a blink.
I miss you, grandma

If only you were here.



Five years of age, I was.
You promised my first bday
party at macdonalds.
I was excited, so
were you!

You sent invitations out
to aunties and uncles.
For weeks, you taught me
how to blow a candle,
using long beans etc.

But it just had to be,
TWO DAYS before my bday.

Aunties came to school in a cab, crying.
Fetched me to TanTockSeng Hopsital, where
you were announced dead.

I was young, I didnt understand.
Godma brought me outside to sit,
where the nurses rolled your body
past me.

No party at macdonalds,
Spent my birthday at the
wake instead.

I even remember going up to your
coffin, asking you for a cake.


Now, I just hate it when my birthday approaches.

Whenever candles are being blown,
especically during my birthday,
it never fails to remind me of you.

I thought about you earlier, grandma
while blowing off a candle
on the cake.

I miss you so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home